Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Box On The Table.

i dont have much of family moments. i have to say my immediate family doesnt own that much of bonding like other families. but still i love them dearly.

but this particular situation really caught my intention. it will be my most memorable.

i go to kgbaru, where most of my dad's family lives, regularly. just to meet my grandma or to hang out with my brother and cousins. and oh yeah, to meet my dad as well.

this particular day, i was sittin in the livin room. with my aunt n granma. we were discussin bout our family's company. for some reason my aunt keep comin to me n tellin me the problems. like i know shit about managing a company. most of the time i just nodded every now n then. all i know is that we need to come up with some money fast to pay the 2 mil debt to the bank. and that, ambank correspondent r some of the rudest in this country.

kembali kpd cerita. it was a heated discussion, we (they) were having. everyone's got a frown on the face. so, my 70-year old granma reach inside her purse and came up with a box of Dunhill 20. light it up, smoked it. put the box down on the table.

my aunt. took the same Dunhill. she dint have a lighter. she went to my grandma, bent a lil', n my granma light the cigrete up for her. oh.cool~

my brother walked in. nenek, nak rokok. he took one. light one. from the box on the table. n joined us. he took the remotes n flipped some channels.

my other aunt. n her husband walked in . from the office. carrying a bunch of serious lookin documents. the frowns intensified. the smoke multiplied. they too, reach for the box on the table. n light one each.

the heated discussion continued.

5 adults. one adolescent (fine, early adult). one livin room. plenty of nicotined-filled lungs. haha.

the box on the table. it brought everyone together. (cue : aahhhhh~~)

i contemplated on reaching one for myself. but oh no. my respect to all. bsides, smart people dont smoke. n to them, i am smart. sumhow my (false) reputation is still intact.

oh. n ive been lighting up cigarettes for my mom since, tak ingat. forever. the first puff has almost always been mine.

so if anyone asked me y do i smoke, i'd say im upholding a family tradition. i aint wana be the black goat who breaks it, wont i?

:p

12 comments:

ainnurista said...

wah ezrina la...

haha guess so..;p god bless her soul~

ala this tradition isnt a blessing pon..more like a curse..

liLMafia said...

bagus ape smookin...

its gud for health in some way that we dont know...
harhar...

ainnurista said...

harhar. ooh is that ur new laugh?what happen tu agaga?

how bout hakhak?

Anonymous said...

dan juge tradition ini telah merosakkan seluruh organ dalaman saye.trime kaseh kpd tabib cine itu.

Anonymous said...

that's why i smoke too.. haha! however, my dad quit two years back, my mom quit about a few months back. so have my grandma. i on the other hand, am just too ignorant and not ready to put the vice away. sigh.

ainnurista said...

well fara my mom quit recently..now she smokes only when she sees shabir..

my brother, my granma, my cousins n all me dad's family clan is still goin strong. hail Dunhill!

fa, aku akan berenti isap rokok di sekeliling engkau dan memulihkan organ dalaman kau (paru2 sahaje),
only when nis juge berhenti berbuat begitu. haha <---alasan.

Anonymous said...

aah saya setuju..
tp saya xde tradition ni..
slpas bapak saya bhenti,saya sambung..

tp saya x harap anak saya sambung.

sbb ia membazer..

Amar B. said...

my late grand dad did
my late grand ma no
my dad no
my mom no
i do
my brother does
my future son? hah, nak kene rotan?

Anonymous said...

oh nis tidak mungkin akan berbuat begitu.huhu aku sgt kasihan :(

faridfadhly said...

ingatlah ,

orang tua ada berpesan;

"bagaikan aur dengan tebing"

sekian terima kasih

(nampak cam power kan aku kan kan)

Anonymous said...

Smokers might have bad not lungs...
But not necessarily a bad heart...
Nice blog u have...
All the best in life...

Alia Burhanuddin said...

Smoking is bad for your health.
It ruins your skin and is wasteful, more over the price for a box is getting ridiculously expensive.

but i don't see us giving two fucks do we.
ngahaha.